Anyone 65+. Small group sizes range from 2-6 people. With the small group option you can split the per session cost among each member of the group.
Don’t mistake Small Group Personal Training for group exercise classes. Small Group Personal Training is still an individualized personal training experience, but within a small group setting. The only downside is that the attention of the trainer is divided during each session, so you don’t receive the same degree of detailed personal attention that you’d receive in a 1-to-1 setting. That said, each individual’s particular goals, needs and abilities are still taken into account and workouts are personalized to meet the goals of each participant.
(NOTE: fitness training may not be suitable in the presence of certain medical conditions. This will be evaluated during the initial complimentary fitness assessment and consultation.)
- 60 minutes/session (preferred to maximize effectiveness)
- 30 minutes/session (optional for 1-to-1 training, not an option for small groups)
- 1-3 sessions/week is standard, but more may be added if desired
Since personal training is a customized training experience, the number of sessions per week/month and the overall duration of the training program is determined based off of the discussions and initial assessments that come out of the complimentary consultation. In a group situation, the desires and schedules of the group must also align when determining session frequency.
I always seek to be flexible while striking the right balance of challenge vs. practicality.
- In-Home: I come to you and we train in your home or in an available fitness room in an apartment complex or assisted living center. In a small group situation we can jump around to different group member homes if desired, but adequate space requirements will need to be considered based on the size of the group. I have a wide range of equipment that travels with me to allow for a great variety of exercises/workouts.
- Fitness Center: In some areas it may be an option to train at a fitness center near you, but additional fees will apply. If you are interested in this option, I will need to contact fitness centers in your area to inquire about their independent personal training policies & space leasing rates.
- Crux Point Studio: This option is not currently available, but will become available once my client base reaches a certain revenue threshold.
Some or all of these benefits can be achieved depending on the goals, needs and abilities of each client. This is not an exhaustive list!
- Increased bone density & prevention of bone mass decline (reducing the risks of osteopenia and osteoporosis)
- Increased tensile strength to help prevent non-contact hip & joint injuries
- Reversal of age-related muscle loss
- Improved weight management
- Improved balance and reactive capabilities
- Improved energy & metabolism
- Increased strength and functioning in daily life
- Reduced risk of injury in all areas of life
- Reduced risk of a multitude of diseases
- Maintenance of good mental health & sharpness