Anyone 18-64. Group sizes range from 2-6 people. Small Group Personal Training is ideal for spouses who want to get fit together, young adult friends or students on limited budgets, or anyone who simply thrives in a more social setting. You save money by splitting the per session cost among each member of the group.
Don’t mistake this for a “group exercise class”!! Small Group Personal Training is still an individualized personal training experience, but in a small group setting. The only downside is that the attention of the trainer is divided during each session, so you don’t receive the same degree of detailed personal attention that you’d receive in a 1-to-1 setting. That said, each participant is still individually assessed and their particular goals, needs and abilities are taken into account in the development of each group training session so that the experience is personalized for each.
(NOTE: fitness training may not be suitable in the presence of certain medical conditions. This will be evaluated during the initial complimentary fitness assessment and consultation.)
- 60 minutes/session (a 30 minute option is not available for small groups)
- 1-3 sessions/week is standard, but more may be added if desired
Since personal training is a customized training experience, the number of sessions per week/month and the overall duration of the training program is determined based off of the discussions and initial assessments that come out of the complimentary consultation. In a group situation, the desires and schedules of the group must also align when determining session frequency.
I always seek to be flexible while striking the right balance of challenge vs. practicality.
- In-Home: I come to you and we train in the home of a group member. We can also jump around to different group member homes if desired, but adequate space requirements will need to be considered based on the size of the group. I have a wide range of equipment that travels with me to allow for a great variety of fun and challenging exercises/workouts. Fitness rooms inside the apartment/condo complex of a participant might also be an option.
- Fitness Center: In some areas it may be an option to train at a fitness center near you, but additional fees will apply. If you are interested in this option, I will need to contact fitness centers in your area to inquire about their independent personal training policies & space leasing rates.
- Crux Point Studio: This option is not currently available, but will become available once my client base reaches a certain revenue threshold.
Some or all of these benefits can be achieved depending on the goals, needs and abilities of each client. This is not an exhaustive list!
- Group Specific Benefit: Social interaction within a friendly competitive environment
- Weight loss
- Improved energy & metabolism
- Improved strength and functioning in daily life
- Increased athletic performance
- Increased muscle definition and/or muscle mass (depending on goals)
- Improved cardiorespiratory function
- Increased anaerobic threshold (for athletes–competitive or casual–this means you can perform harder, faster & longer)
- Reduced risk of injury in all areas of life
- Reduced risk of a multitude of diseases
- Improved flexibility and SAQ (speed, agility & quickness)
- Improved hormone regulation & function in the body